2016 ABA Survey – Results & Winners
Early in 2016 the ABA undertook an industry survey and invited its supporters and members to feedback on many topics in order to build a solid base of data and information to assist the ABA in moving forward in line with its supporters’ expectations.
More than 700 people responded to the first ABA Survey which enabled the ABA to collect and collate information specifically around Competitions, Judging, Barbecues, Fuels, Communication and Ideas for the future.
Some information that the respondents collectively provided in general terms was:
- 85% of the ABA supporters live on the East Coast between Qld, NSW & Vic.
- Most surveyed low n slow’ers currently own some form of gas barbecue and on average 4 or more barbecues, with a desire to purchase at least one more in the next 12 months.
- The ABA Sanctioned competitions are an excellent experience for almost all attendees from competitors, judges and visitors and the geographical location of the event was the most important factor for attending as either a judge or competitor.
- Lump Charcoal is the fuel of choice for a majority of surveyed peeps with briquettes a close second and hardwoods currently ranked third most popular.
- The ABA is communicating with its supporters exceptionally well through its Social Media platforms and direct email newsletters and should keep up the good work. Noting that more informational videos, recipes and promotional activities would be great in the future.
Keeping in mind that the ABA is only 2 years old after officially founding in September 2014, it has been an incredibly fast-paced and exciting journey for all involved with so much more to come for barbecue in Australia.
To ensure the ABA continues to grow, learn and pioneer competition barbecue in Australia and also to help develop a genuine barbecue industry and community, there will be much focus on connecting with members and continuously improving.
The ABA sincerely thanks all survey respondents and appreciates your time to help refine the ABA’s approach.
As promised, there were 50 ABA VIP Member Rewards Cards (Valued @ $15ea) up for grabs as well as 5 ABA Merchandise Packs (valued at $70ea) with the Winners named below. All VIP cards will be automatically posted out so keep an eye on your letterbox. Merchandise pack winners will be contacted directly requesting T-shirt size.
If you haven’t signed up for the ABA Newsletter yet, simply click here.
If you haven’t purchased a VIP Member Rewards Card yet, simply click here for more details.