Houston HLSR Invitational Cook Off 2019 – annoucement
It is with great pleasure that we announce two major pieces of information regarding the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo BBQ Cookoff for 2019:
The Australasian Barbecue Alliance is once again proud to be the ONLY sanctioning body within Australia who holds two permanent invitations to send teams to this exclusive invitation only competition in Houston, Texas.
Manning Valley Natural Smokers invited back
Due to the unprecedented performances of several of the specialty international teams, including a tremendous Second Place Brisket from our own Manning Valley Natural Smokers, the HLSR committee has formally updated their rules to automatically invite any finalist from the International Village to compete again the following year. We extend our heartfelt congratulations to the MVNS team, and look forward to seeing them represent with pride in 2019.
This still leaves one spot open for an ABA team!
- ABA selected Team will be included in the prestigious International Village (all meals and beverages while on site are included)
- Entry fee covered by ABA/Houston Rodeo
- Categories – Brisket, Pork Ribs & Chicken
- $500AUD contribution from the ABA
- Teams to arrange own travel, accommodation, meats & sundries. (ABA assistance in hooking up with local suppliers wherever possible.)
A Facebook Live ballot draw will select the lucky winners from the nominating teams who meet the following criteria.
There are two methods of eligibility for the ballot draw:
- Top 20 overall finishing team at the 2018 Sydney Meatstock competition.
- Top 10 Current Ranked team on the 2018 Barbeques Galore Australian Barbecue Championships Leaderboard as of May 31, 2018.
All other nominating team names will be drawn in order via the ballot in the unlikely event that a team is unable to make the event, with the next on the list offered any vacant spot that may arise.
Any team that enters the ballot draw that subsequently cannot make the trip, may be excluded from future ballot draws at the ABA’s sole discretion. Please only nominate if you are will be a certain starter if drawn.
If your team is eligible and want to enter the draw, please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team Name:
- Team Captain Name:
- Team Captain Contact Phone:
- Team Captain Contact Email:
- Confirmation of eligibility (ranking).
- Plus an acknowledgement that the team understands the eligibility criteria, is in a financial position to attend the event and will attend the event if drawn.
Winner will be announced via a live draw from Texas on the ABA Facebook page at 9am on Sunday June 17th.