Would you like to win a trip to the United States valued at up to $13,000? You’ll enjoy a tour of Weber World’s new Headquarters in Chicago before heading to St. Louis for a cooking experience with Trafalgar’s BBQ Champions the Randall’s.
Michael Rose from the Australasian Barbecue Alliance will be a guest Judge on the panel to determine the overall winner of this amazing prize, which will air on Sunrise.
How to enter
Upload your favourite BBQ experience via either of the following
• A video up to one minute.
• Three photos.
Where to enter
Winning team Prize valued up to AU$13,000, including:
• Return economy airfares for two to the USA with United Airlines
• A tour of Weber’s New World Headquarters
• The opportunity to “Build Your Own Q”, with the created BBQ being shipped back to Australia.
• A VIP Dinner at Weber Grill Restaurant
• Personalised lessons from Weber’s Global Grill Master at Weber’s Grill Academy
• Internal flights to St. Louis for a cooking experience of a lifetime against Trafalgar’s Be My Guest hosts and BBQ Champions the Randall’s.
• Prize also includes USD $2,000 spending money and hotel accommodation in Chicago and St Louis.
• Return Flights from your nearest Capital City to Sydney to compete in the Finals
• Return Transfers and 2 nights Accommodation
• 1 x Baby Weber Q and Weber BBQ Pack including delivery to your home.
The Final Cook-off
The Offical cook off will be held on Thursday, 26 November 2015 in Sydney.
Master of Ceremonies & Event Host: Andrew Daddo
• Elizabeth Meryment, Sydney Sunday Daily Telegraph Food Critic
• Michael Rose, Australian Barbecue Alliance and Reserve Grand Champion from the Australian Barbecue Wars
• BBQ Expert, Weber
• A local Sydney chef
Each of the 5 teams will be provided with the basic tools required to cook their barbecue, including:
• Weber Genesis E330
• Weber Original Kettle BBQ
• Cooking utensils, including knives, cutlery and a stab blender
• A presentation board for each barbecue dish
Additional cooking items may be made available on request.
Each team will be required to cook three proteins; each team will choose one selection from the following categories:
• Beef: Bone in Rib Eye, Tri Tip, Short Ribs or Beef Cheeks.
• Chicken: Thigh, Breast or Wing.
• Pork: Ribs, Tenderloin or Chop.
All meat will be supplied. Each team will be required to bring their choice of rubs, marinades, sauces. A shared pantry, garnish and salad items will be made available for presentation. Menus and ingredient lists will be required to be submitted by 4pm AEDT Friday 20 November November 2015. Subject to confirmation by event organisers 3pm AEST Monday 23 November AEST.
The cook off will be held in the afternoon, with a late morning start for preparation, for example:
• Cook-off preparation/cooking begins:10am
• Hand in time: Chicken: 2.30pm
• Hand in time: Pork: 3pm
• Hand in time: Beef: 3.30pm
• Final judging and scoring: 4pm
The above are indicative only and subject to confirmation by event organising by 4pm AEST Friday 20 November 2015.
Judging & Scores:
Scores will be based on:
• Overall presentation and cooking technique – 10 points
• Taste (10 points) and texture (10 points) of the protein component of the dish
Accumulative totals after each round will be identified to all participants so the progress of the event can be tracked.