The Australasian Barbecue Alliance and Barbeques Galore are excited to officially announce the launch of the 2016 Barbeques Galore Australian Barbecue Championships.
With more than a dozen ABA Sanctioned barbecue competitions covering most States in Australia already booked for 2016, the advent of the Barbeques Galore Championship series was a natural progression for not only the ABA but also the Australian competition barbecue circuit.
The ABA is proud to partner with a well respected and strong National brand in Barbeques Galore and looks forward to ensuring the Championship series becomes a long-term prospect with plans to further increase the number of barbecue competitions in 2017.
To be eligible to claim the title of ‘2016 Barbeques Galore Grand Champion Australian Barbecue Team’, teams must compete in a minimum of 3 ABA Sanctioned Events of their choice. A cumulative points score across their best results in those competitions determine an overall Grand Champion Team for the 2016 calendar year.
A running tally in the form of a dedicated ‘Barbeques Galore Leaderboard’ (updated after each event from Round 5 onwards) will be hosted on www.ausbbq.com.au .
All eligible teams will receive a ‘National Ranking’ at seasons end and 2017 will see that National Ranking play a part in multiple promotional opportunites and seedings for invitational events both inside Australia and internationally.
With more than $4000 in cash and prizes for the winning team and bragging rights to be named Australia’s genuine ‘Grand Champion Team’, this championship series will be a great motivator for teams to get involved and help grow and promote the circuit of competition barbecue in Australia.
Note: ABA Sanctioned Competitions are being added to the Championship series throughout the year. Keep checking the upcoming events page for new events via www.ausbbq.com.au/upcoming-events
Competition Rules, Conditions & Prizes.
- Teams must compete in a minimum of 3 ABA Sanctioned Barbecue Competitions within the 2016 Calendar year to be eligible for the Grand Champion Team prizes and to receive a National Ranking. More than 3 competitions can be entered.
- The best three eligible hand-in scores from that Team’s best 3 competitions is tallied to reveal an overall score. Hand-ins that do not contribute to any/each events’ Grand Champion score are not eligible categories. (e.g. Chef’s Choice)
- National Ranking will only apply at the conclusion of the 2016 series with all leaderboard rankings throughout the year being a provisional ranking for tallying purposes only. A team’s official National Ranking will be held for the duration of 2017.
- In the event of a tie for first place, a count-back system will apply to break a tie. The team that wins the most 1st place trophies across their best 3 competitions will be declared the overall Grand Champion Team. In the event that this does not break the deadlock, dual/multiple winners will be declared and prize money and prizes split evenly – with both/all first placed teams receiving trophies.
- Maximum of 4 Team Members only eligible per team to receive individual trophies/prizes.
- Only Australian resident teams are eligible for Australian Grand Champion Team and Australian Ranking for 2017.
- International teams can compete in any ABA Sanctioned event pending a spot is available and are also eligible for a Grand Champion prize and a provisional ranking.
The Championship winners will receive:
- $2500 Cash (Presented via an oversized novelty cheque.)
- Extra large team Trophy.
- 2016 Grand Champions Custom T-shirt, several per team member.
- Individual team member trophies. Maximum 4 total.
- Perpetual Trophy Engraving (Trophy held at Barbeques Galore HQ)
- Prominent perpetual accolade on www.ausbbq.com.au from 2017.
- Product Prize packs per team member TBA.
Note: The competition leaderboard will be available on www.ausbbq.com.au
Winners will be transported to the nearest Capital City Barbeques Galore store for the Award Presentation in either late 2016 or early 2017 depending on Team/ABA availability.
Example of how the tally system works.
3 best Scores tally.
3 best Scores tally.
3 best Scores tally.
|1st Place Trophies