Houston Rodeo – World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest
Date: 22/24th February 2018
Location: Houston, Texas USA
Only 2 Australian Team spots available via the ABA selection process
- 2 ABA selected Teams will be included in the prestigious International Village
- Barbecues supplied by Pitts & Spitts (USA)
- Entry fee covered by ABA/Houston Rodeo
- Categories – Brisket, Pork Ribs & Chicken
- $500AUD contribution from the ABA per team
- Teams to arrange own travel, accommodation, meats & sundries. (ABA assistance in hooking up with local suppliers wherever possible.)
A Facebook Live ballot draw will select the two teams from the nominating teams who meet the following criteria.
The first two teams that are drawn in the live ballot draw held shortly after the Port Macquarie will be given the opportunity to attend.
There are two methods of eligibility for the ballot draw:
- Top 20 finishing team at the Buffalo Trace Australian BBQ Wars, Port Macquarie 2017.
- Top 10 Current Ranked team on the 2017 Barbeques Galore Australian Barbecue Championships Leaderboard as at the conclusion of the Buffalo Trace Australian BBQ Wars 2017 – Round 23.
All other nominating team names will be drawn in order via the ballot in the unlikely event that a team is unable to make the event, with the next on the list offered any vacant spot that may arise.
Any team that enters the ballot draw that subsequently cannot make the trip, may be excluded from future ballot draws at the ABA’s sole discretion. Please only nominate if you are will be a certain starter if drawn.
If your team is eligible and want to enter the draw, please email the following details to email@example.com
- Team Name:
- Team Captain Name:
- Team Captain Contact Phone:
- Team Captain Contact Email:
- Confirmation of eligibility (ranking).
- Plus an acknowledgement that the team understands the eligibility criteria, is in a financial position to attend the event and will attend the event if drawn.
Winner will be announced via a live draw from Texas on the ABA Facebook page at 8am on September 17th.