President & Event Coordiator
- Love for Barbecue started in 2006 on a trip to North Carolina watching Pitmasters cook half chickens in open cinder blocks, resulting in several trips back to the USA to experience low and slow barbecue on all levels.
- Purchased his first pit from Silver Creek Smokers in 2014.
- Board member of the ABA since 2014 and voted in as President in 2018.
- Team captain since 2014 of TexAus BBQ, winning multiple Grand Championships and representing Australia at the Houston Rodeo.
- Meatstock ‘Pit-Boss’ live stage Grand Champions.
- A deep passion for the sport of competitive barbecue in Australia. ‘I am a team, and I’m here for the teams’.
- 40 years working in the meat industry.
- General Manager of Oakey Beef Export based in Queensland, with over 700 staff.
- Represented the ABA and Australia at the 2017, 2018 & 2019 Houston World Champions BBQ in Texas, USA.
- Placed 2nd in Brisket and 16th overall in a field of 380 teams, using Australian produced brisket.
SCA rep and ABA promoter of many successful events in NSW & QLD.
- Competed in ABA, SCA, KCBS & IBCA sanctioned events in Australia and the USA.
- Committed to helping Barbecue grow across Australia and supporting a successful sanctioning body, and alliance for all to enjoy competition BBQ.
Sponsorship & Finance
- Opened The Que Club in 2017 which is a retail store, restaurant, bar, and cooking school, all under one roof, creating an Australian and potentially world-first barbecue experience.
- Andrew is part of the “Natural Born Grillers” BBQ team and are regulars on the Australian competition circuit, competing since 2015, picking up many trophies, and have represented Australia in the USA.
Over 15 years of experience as a Managing Director, leading multiple American-based businesses, first in Belgium and then in Australia.
- A personal passion for all things cooking with smoke and fire.
- Committed to growing an inclusive and transparent association that celebrates everything smoke and fire. Growing and nurturing the sport of competitive BBQ to all walks of life, all across Australia.
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Animal Production and has worked in the meat industry for 20 years with 11 years at Meat & Livestock Australia.
- Vice President of the Australian Intercollegiate Meat Judging Association (ICMJ) and is a past coach of its national team.
- Competed with the all-female team, The Meat Mistresses and the Manning Valley Natural Smokers when they competed at the World’s BBQ Competition in Houston.
Certified SCA representative and ABA head judge – the first person approved to run both ABA and SCA sanctioned competitions.
- Committed to continually evolving and improving practices for the betterment of competition barbecue, and to support and build long term growth of the community into the future.
Marketing & Communications
- Co-founder of the Australasian Barbecue Alliance.
- Co-founder of Meatstock, Australia, and New Zealand’s largest barbecue festivals with events in Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, and soon Toowoomba and São Paulo.
- Art Director of the ‘Beyond the Flame’ winning a gold medal at the NBBQA 2019 awards.
- Award-winning competitive barbecuer winning 3rd place in Lamb at his first and last event.
- Committed to helping the ABA with communications and marketing to not only grow the sport of Barbecue, but also the live-fire cooking movement in Australia, and fostering a welcoming barbecue brotherhood for everyone.