- To promote low and slow and barbecue in Australia and New Zealand.
- To create, define and implement a set of competition rules and categories that embrace the cultural traditions and ingredients of Australia & New Zealand, while still respecting and acknowledging the rich heritage of American barbecue culture.
- To ensure the rules and formats of ABA sanctioned competitions encourage participation and community growth.
- To provide support to selected national and international barbecue related events and promotions wherever possible.
- To create and continuously improve an ABA judging standard and method and also provide training for judges attending ABA sanctioned events.
- Have at least one senior representative of the ABA at each sanctioned event to oversee the format and ensure a fair and consistent competition and judging process.
Jess is a respected authority on Texas- and competition-style barbecue. She is the creator of the Hardcore Carnivore line of meat and steak
Co-Founder and General Manager