- To promote low and slow and barbecue in Australia and New Zealand.
- To create, define and implement a set of competition rules and categories that embrace the cultural traditions and ingredients of Australia & New Zealand, while still respecting and acknowledging the rich heritage of American barbecue culture.
- To ensure the rules and formats of ABA sanctioned competitions encourage participation and community growth.
- To provide support to selected national and international barbecue related events and promotions wherever possible.
- To create and continuously improve an ABA judging standard and method and also provide training for judges attending ABA sanctioned events.
- Have at least one senior representative of the ABA at each sanctioned event to oversee the format and ensure a fair and consistent competition and judging process.
Jess is a respected authority on Texas- and competition-style barbecue. She is the creator of the Hardcore Carnivore line of meat and steak
A self-confessed food enthusiast and proud self-taught cook, he owned his own mobile food kitchen for several years serving up tasty treats including American Style gourmet Hot Dogs and crowd-favourite Smokey Barbecue Pulled Pork Sliders. Having partaken in many years’ worth of girth building food-on-foot tours in New York, LA, Las Vegas, the Caribbean, Mexico, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece, Indonesia and the South Pacific Islands, some of his favourite dishes are Spanish Tapas and also American Style Barbecue. In 2017, Adam became a published Cookbook Author for the the book ‘Ribs’, featuring 47 Ribs recipes covering Pork, Lamb, Beef & Chicken Ribs.